Top Data Analytics Boot Camps to Attend in 2021
Data analytics boot camp for you to attend this year.
Data analytics is an equally and rapidly growing industry because businesses need experts to analyze the huge amount of data so it can be used for decision-making. According to The Future of Jobs Report 2021, bit data analytics is one of the key technologies that is likely to be adopted by companies across the world by 2025. And with this adoption comes tons of data analytics jobs across all sectors including healthcare, cybersecurity, automobile, eCommerce, and more.
A data analytics boot camp is a short skill-based program that equips you with the recent and the right skills that are in demand and are likely to land you a job. A boot camp is your best bet to learn a new skill, get a certificate, and start applying for relevant jobs. However, you need to select the right data analytics boot camp that is reliable, reputable, recognized in the industry and delivers results. This can turn out to be a difficult job as analyzing all the leading boot camps itself is a time-consuming process.
Springboard offers a career-focused coding boot camp that helps you become a data analyst and land a perfect job after completion. The boot camp is designed in collaboration with Microsoft that is suitable for candidates having previous experience.
Here is an overview of the major Springboard coding boot camp program info:
- A 6-month online boot camp that focuses on multiple aspects of data analytics
- It is a part-time schedule where you have to invest under 20 hours per week
- It comes with guaranteed job placement in 6 months after completion
- A powerful curriculum that is focused on SQL, Python programming, structured thinking, and analyzing business problems
- It supports 1:1 mentorship with unlimited mentor calls
- The pricing is quite flexible with deferred and monthly payment plans.
Springboard data analytics boot camp is an ideal advanced boot camp for experienced individuals who have at least 2 years of professional previous experience. It is focused on upskilling and helping you get a better job as a data analyst or business analyst. It is priced at $6,600 and offers you multiple payment options e.g. monthly plan, deferred plan, and credit loan.
Thinkful offers a full-time 4 months data analytics training boot camp that is aimed at beginners and people who want to switch their careers. Since it is a full-time course that helps you get a job in the data analytics field, it is suitable for everyone.
The key features of the Thinkful coding boot camp are:
- An online full-time boot camp that is suitable for beginners who want to grab a decent opportunity right at the start of the career
- It offers 1-on-1 mentorship and a powerful support team that is always there to answer your queries
- It lets you enroll with zero fees and you can pay when you get a job (at least $40K per year)
- There are several financing options available to choose from such as income share agreement, month to month, loan, etc.
Thinkful offers a lot of value to the candidates but it doesn’t offer any job guarantee like Springboard. Being a full-time online boot camp, it is ideal for beginners and people who want to change their careers. If there is one thing that might turn a lot of potential candidates away is its price. Thinkful is one of the most expensive data analytics boot camps with a price tag of $12,250. If you are interested, you can check out program info and the financing options where you can start without paying a penny.
General Assembly offers both online and on-campus data analytics boot camps for beginners. If you want to upgrade your skills and learn SQL, Excel, Tableau, and leading data analytics tools, you must join the General Assembly’s Bootcamp. If you don’t prefer learning online, you’ll love General Assembly as you can enroll in an on-campus Bootcamp in your nearest center.
Here is an overview of the major features and program info of this data analytics boot camp:
- It is a perfect Bootcamp for beginners who want to start their career in data analytics
- A 10-week part-time schedule boot camp with a flexible pace. You can choose your own pace and switch to a 1-week intensive program and have it finished in a week
- You can study online and on campus. The campuses are available in North America, Europe, Australia, and Singapore
- You can attend an information session to see if it’s the right place for you
- There isn’t any prerequisite to joining the Bootcamp. Anyone irrespective of one’s background can jump in
- It comes with multiple financing options including an installment plan and interest-free loan.
The coding boot camp by the General Assembly is a perfect choice for beginners including those who don’t know anything about data analytics. It is priced at $3,950 which makes it an expensive boot camp especially without 1-on-1 mentorship and job guarantee. If you are looking for an absolute basic-level data analytics boot camp, this is a decent option.
CareerFoundry has a beginner-friendly analytics boot camp. It is an 8 week or 5 weeks online bootcamp that helps you acquire the necessary technical skills to become a data analyst. You only need to invest less than 15 hours per week and this makes it an ideal boot camp for individuals who are already doing a job. You work with an industry expert who has at least 5 years of relevant experience.
The key CareerFoundry features include:
- A fully online self-paced boot camp
- It is beginner-friendly and perfect for career-changers
- The duration is flexible as you can select your own pace making it an ideal part-time boot camp for people who don’t want to quit their jobs
- No admission prerequisites. Anyone can enroll with or without relevant background or experience
- It comes with a job guarantee. If you don’t get a job within 6 months of graduating, you can apply for a full refund
- You learn SQL, Python, data visualization and storytelling, intermediate Excel, fundamental statistics, and data mining
- Work with your mentor to create your job-ready portfolio
- You can choose to pay monthly if you are short of funds.
With a price tag of $6,900 and a solid job guarantee, CareerFoundry happens to be a decent choice for beginners. There aren’t any admission pre-requisites so getting started is easy. However, financing options are limited as you can switch to monthly payment with an upfront payment of $2,100. It gets hard for candidates with limited funds to enroll.
BrainStation has a part-time 10-week data analytics bootcamp that is suitable for beginners. It is an engaging course with live lectures making it one of the most interactive boot camps. You can take it online or on-campus if you are located in Toronto, New York, or Vancouver.
The key BrainStation data analytics boot camp features include:
- Beginner-friendly with no hard and fast prerequisites
- It is part-time making it ideal for people who are already doing a job and want to upgrade their skills without leaving their job
- You learn Excel, MySQL, and Tableau as data analytics tools
- You have to complete a project to earn your certificate. The project is purely practical in nature letting you fully understand the ins and outs of how data analysis works in the industry
- It has live sessions and guest speakers from the industry that makes your sessions extremely interactive
- It has flexible payment options including a monthly payment plan.
BrainStation offers an interactive boot camp that is priced at $3,950 with multiple payment options. It is suitable for beginners who want to get practical data analytics knowledge and skills. However, it doesn’t come with a job guarantee and personalized mentorship.
CodeOp offers a part-time 6 months data analytics boot camp with under 6 hours of commitment per week. It is strictly for women and the TGNC community and is one of the few boot camps in Europe. It is perfect for beginners who want to start a career in data science or data analytics. The course is online but you can take it in person in Barcelona and Kuala Lampur. You can set your own pace and can complete the boot camp according to your own schedule.
Here is an overview of the leading features of the CodeOp boot camp:
- Beginner-friendly boot camp for anyone who wants to pursue a career in data analytics
- It is self-paced making it an ideal choice for people who are already working
- Ideal for working women and TGNC community
- A comprehensive boot camp that covers everything in detail with a focus on skill development
- You learn Linux applications, Python, SQL, NoSQL, machine learning, AB testing, GeoSpatial analysis, and NLP
- Career prep helps you land a relevant job quickly
- There are several financing options available to choose from.
CodeOp is an ideal and perhaps the best choice for women and the TGNC community. The bootcamp is priced at $8,870 with low-interest financing options. It doesn’t offer any job guarantee and you don’t get personalized one-to-one mentorship. This makes it an expensive option but since it is the only boot camp for women and TGNC, you shouldn’t hesitate to be a part of the community if you can afford it.
Harvard University Business Analytics Course
If you are looking for an affordable yet reliable data analytics course, Harvard University’s Business Analytics course is your best bet. It isn’t specifically a data analytics course rather it is more focused on the business side of data analytics. It is a fully online course having 8 weeks duration. It is ideal for beginners who know nothing about data analytics.
The major features include:
- A beginner-friendly online course
- It is a self-paced 8 weeks course making it best for candidates who don’t want to quit their jobs
- It equips you with skills that will help you land a job
- You get a certificate of completion
- It prepares you for more advanced data analytics boot camps.
With a price tag of $1,600, Harvard University Business Analytics course is best for absolute beginners who are on a budget. It doesn’t come with a job guarantee, financing options, and personalized mentorship. But yes, it is reputable since you’ll get a certificate from Harvard and it will help you understand the data analytics basics that will prepare you for advanced boot camps.