Dr. Nagma Abbasi: A Dynamic Entrepreneur and Game changer in the field of Life Sciences and Biotechnology
NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd is a single-source facility catering to the research needs of scientists in the field of Molecular biology, Cell biology, Immunology, Health care and Drug development. Established in 2014, the company works very closely with customers and wishes to gain recognition, success and growth with a focus on scientist’s research needs and by following three principles- value, service and support. NextGen’s ultimate focus is to provide high-quality and innovative products and services in a timely fashion to customers.
A Transformational Leader Redefining Biotechnology
Dr. Nagma Abbasi is the Founder and CEO of NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. She is leading the development and execution of long-term strategies with the vivid vision of expanding the organization’s footprints across the global market. Nagma attended IMT Ghaziabad, A.M.U., Aligarh and Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi, for her studies in Business Administration, Doctoral studies in Molecular Genetics and Post-Doc studies in Molecular Biology. Her career spans over a decade, working with esteemed research institutes and leading multinational companies in Life Sciences/Biotech industry across various verticals like product management, customer segmentation, brand management, and strategic marketing.
In order to cater for the untapped opportunities in the industry, Nagma established NextGen Life Sciences in 2014 with an aim to bridge the gap between the needs and pains of researchers of the Life Sciences/Biotech Industry and assist the scientists to gain insight into the recent innovations and technologies, assuring a sound knowledge of the subject matter. Henceforth, with its augmented spectrum of products and solutions, it empowers the mounting realm of complex analytical challenges. NextGen also addresses a wide range of requirements such as the sample, material characterisation, and analysis to clinical diagnosis and biological-based therapeutics handling.
Turning the Initial Hindrances into Opportunities
Being a scientist herself, Nagma says that she is well aware of the pain points of scientist in biotechnology, life sciences and healthcare industry. Having this experience was beneficial for curating the services of NextGen Life and turning it into a successful establishment. She recalls that initially, like any other start-up, the company too had to face a few challenges like capital investments, assembling a quality team, building a customer base, and good relationships. But today, with such hard work and determination of Nagma and her team, NextGen delivers the best of smart and futuristic services and solutions turning the company into the most preferred brand for clients. She utters that the key achievement for NextGen has been the consistent growth for the last six years in terms of revenue and profitability. The company has been successful in attaining customer trust in a short period by providing excellent services in the industry.
Incorporating Innovative Mindset through Strong Aspirations
Nagma reveals that NextGen aims to create an environment, where the team could work effortlessly as well as provide the scientists and researchers with innovation in biotechnology and services at their doorstep. The development of biotechnology over the years has helped companies such as NextGen advance and accliamatize the market scenarios including taking revolutionary steps in the company policy. She remarks that Biotechnology is everywhere, and it is evolving, which makes it even more important to have updates in this sector. To meet the produced requirements, NextGen has its prime focus on scientific research needs and customer services.
Nagma discloses that NextGen offers products for Cell Analysis, Cell Culture & Transfection, Cloning, DNA & RNA Purification, Gene Expression Analysis & Genotyping, PCR, Protein Expression & Analysis, Real-Time PCR, RNAi, Sequencing, Synthetic Biology, Cancer Research, Stem Cell Research, Drug Discovery and development, Plant Sciences, Epigenetics and excellent services such as Sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing, Bioinformatics and Gene Synthesis. She adds that the products of NextGen help to support scientists and researchers across different countries around the world to meet the difficulties they encounter, interpret and realize the place for life science.
Remarkable Awards and Accolades
- Nagma proudly shares that she and NextGen have secured many awards and recognitions over the past few years. Some of them are listed as follows,
- Featured as One of the 30 Fabulous companies of the Year 2021 by the Silicon Review in US Yearly.
- Featured as Top 10 Trend Forecasters giants in business by The CEO Story 2021.
- Featured in e Magazine of 2021 “ Pillars of Indian Economy “: Featuring The Growth Drivers and Future Leaders of Indian Economy.
- Cover Story Feature as Top 10 Most Inspiring CEO to watch in 2021 by Prime Insights Magazine
- Featured as Top Most Thriving Entrepreneurs to follow in 2021 by Business Sight Magazine.
- Selected as India’s Inspirational Leader 2020 by WCRC.
- Featured by Forbes India among Top 10 Women Entrepreneurs of India 2020.
- Selected and featured as Decisive Women Leaders 2020 by Business APAC.
- Featured as Top 10 Healthcare giants in India 2020 by Business Brainiac Magazine.
- Cover Story Feature as The Most Innovative Business Leaders to look out in The Enterprise World APAC Edition June 2020
- Featured amongst 30 Most Influential CEOs by CIO Bulletin.
- Selected as Winner of India 500 CEO Awards 2020
- Awarded as Entrepreneur of the Year Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry 2020 by Power Brands.
- Listed as India’s Most influential CEO of the Year 2020- Life Sciences by Corporate Vision Magazine, UK
- NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. is a winner of India 5000 Best MSME Award 2020.
- Featured as ‘The Entrepreneurs beyond the bounds of COVID19’ by Business Connect magazine August 2020
- Featured amongst 50 Leading companies of the Year 2020 in the USA leading Tech Magazine ‘The Silicon Review’ April 2020 issue.
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Trading Business ‘MSMECCII Genentech Asia Awards 2020.’
Unlocking Extraordinary Future Opportunities in Biotechnology
Nagma ensures that NextGen is keen to bring innovations in Biotechnology like Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in clinical laboratories, NGS data analysis and interpretation of unknown genetic variants. The company has embarked on its presence in North India and is looking forward to expanding its business in West and South India. She adds that NextGen is excited about CRISPR technology and the application. CRISPR technology is a simple and powerful tool for editing genomes. Nagma exclaims that the company also aims to add more of its own-brand products of international standards. Some products have been already launched last year and are greatly appreciated by clients.
Nagma reveals that NextGen is also researching complex analytical challenges in the food, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, environment, industrial and clinical research. The mission to discover and deliver high-quality products with excellent services to help millions live better and healthy life makes the company unique.
Word of Wisdom for the Leaders of Tomorrow
Nagma opines that an entrepreneur is a person who is responsible for setting up a business or an enterprise. An entrepreneur is someone who has the initiative, skill for innovation and who looks for high achievements. She highlights that a leader should work for the good of the people, open up many employment opportunities and lead to the growth of other sectors. He/she needs to be the person who brings in overall change through innovation for the maximum social good. Nagma states that in this process, the leader should accelerate personal, economic, as well as human development. She underlines that an entrepreneur should have outstanding leadership qualities.
Nagma concludes by saying that an entrepreneur should take the risk and be good in decision making. Also, communication with the team and the public on behalf of the company is a must.