Dell Technologies Announces latest PowerEdge & OpenManage upgrades
Dell Technologies’s latest PowerEdge & OpenManage upgrades will help organizations unleash innovation and be future-ready
India – October 30th, 2020: The data-driven era has fundamentally changed the world and has also changed the speed of businesses, customer expectations, etc. To keep up with these changing dynamics, innovation has become a necessary fuel for organizations to look at. But, to attain this innovation, organizations need to adopt an enterprise-wide vision of data, which will help them reduce friction between business demands and IT capabilities. Therefore, to empower businesses to become innovation engines with scalable, connected, and reliable infrastructure and tools, Dell Technologies has recently introduced new capabilities across its Dell EMC PowerEdge server and OpenManage solutions portfolio. Moreover, Dell Technologies has also collaborated with Splunk to jumpstart the insights-driven IT operations journey by uncovering the hidden insights in data. The new offerings by Dell Technologies include:
- The all-new Dell EMC PowerEdge XE7100:
Technology innovation across an organization is integral to deliver customer value. Purpose-build for complex computing and storage-intensive workloads. The new PowerEdge XE7100 will offer the industry’s highest-density in a standard depth rack 5U storage server with flexible configuration options engineered for intelligent video analytics, media-streaming, and object storage. It will hold up to 100 high-capacity hard drives, or 67% more drives than a competitive system, to securely store more data. Additionally, is PowerEdge XE7100 is now equipped with one or two dual-socket nodes with up to four accelerators to avoid data silos to boost inferencing performance.
- Rapid Enablement from OpenManage Systems Management Enhancements:
IT becomes an enabler of rapid innovation when technology platforms can be easily accessed and seamlessly expanded. The upgraded Dell EMC OpenManage Systems Management portfolio will enable rapid deployment and scalability of dynamic infrastructure with multiple benefits such as :
- Reduction in complexity with full-stack management capabilities in the same place for both physical and virtual hosts with OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter v.5.2. With PowerEdge XE2420 server for the Edge, OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter will deliver a seamless systems management experience at full speed from the edge to the hybrid-cloud.
- OpenManage Enterprise FlexSelect architecture will help in automating and simplifying server lifecycle tasks to scale operations rapidly. Additionally, with one interface, users will be able to prevent downtime through OpenManage Enterprise SupportAssist, streamline and automate the catalog and repositories update tasks with OpenManage Enterprise Update Manager and identify and control underutilized resources and power consumption to aid workload planning with OpenManage Enterprise Power Manager.
- The innovative FlexSelect pluggable architecture will also enable businesses to seamlessly integrate with industry-leading management consoles to make PowerEdge server management flexible, such as OpenManage Integration with ServiceNow.
- Continuous Refinement with infrastructure insights:
Powered by AIOps capabilities from OpenManage Systems Management tools like iDRAC, organizations will be able to refine their data center to become more resilient continuously. Analyzing and visualizing data helps uncover hidden insights. In fact, fine-tuning these insights can make the infrastructure and business more flexible. Therefore, by leveraging OpenManage Enterprise and plugins, organizations can automate notification and action following pre-defined policy, transforming their infrastructure into a more responsive and secure one.
Additionally, to help customers jumpstart their insights-driven operations, Dell Technologies partnered with data analytics leader Splunk to develop the Dell EMC iDRAC Redfish for Splunk Enterprise add-on for ingesting Redfish telemetry data. Through this collaboration, they developed a visualization dashboard that will allow organizations to monitor the full spectrum of business and infrastructure performance insights in one dashboard.
IT modernization and transformation have become critical imperatives for all businesses. The recent advancements offered by Dell Technologies to its PowerEdge XE series and OpenManage solutions portfolio will aid businesses to address their most demanding workloads from the edge to cloud, quickly and with complete ease.
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals built their digital future and transform how they work, live, and play. The company provides customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era.
 Based on Dell analysis, April 2020, The industry’s first standard rack depth 5U Server with support for 100 internal hard drives. AD# G20000114
 Based on Dell Analysis, April 2020, comparing a Dell EMC PowerEdge XE7100 with 100 capacity drives to an HPE Apollo 4510 with 60 capacity drives.AD# G20000105
 Accelerator options start shipping in Q4 2020
 OpenManage Enterprise Update Manager plugin target availability is Q4 2020